Monday, October 11, 2010

sometimes we get to see miracles

Hey family!

Woop beep bop snerp derp....estoy bien! Yesterday was a most excellent day. A couple that we found on Friday came to church without us having to go get them-we didn't even get a chance to extend the compromiso, they just asked us when church was and decided between themselves to come before we could even ask them about it. Yayy!! THey're super cute and in the first lesson as we sang Famlies Can Be Together Forever we all felt the spirit and could just see them with their little 1 1/2 year old getting sealed in the temple. Hermana Graham and I just looked at each other and smiled widely because we knew we were both thinking the same thing. (as a side note, the cool thing about being such good friends with my companion is that it's soooo easy for us to have unity in our teachings. We almost always get the same impressions about what things we should teach or questions we should use....you'd think the same God is helping us or something...haha)

So yup, that was miracle number one. Miracle number two was that yesterday morning we passed by this indigina lady that we'd taught once and that other sisters had visited. She was out early looking for cans to collect and turn in for money to be able to eat and pay for the things she needed. We were pretty close to the church so we stopped and talked to her and I said something like "Hey, let's go to church! You already have a dress on!" (their traditional clothes that they always wear are these sweet bright colored dresses). She said she had to look for more cans to be able to eat, etc etc and I just felt like I should make her a promise. I told her that if she came to church, I knew she would be able to find enough stuff to take care of her expenses. She nodded and responded like she wasn't going to come but asked us to pray for her. So we left to go get other people and I felt sad because I knew the gospel would help her and that God would've pulled through on his end to help her.

Soooo flash forward to halfway through sacrament meeting when she walked in the door. YAY!!! We were so surprised and excited because she really didn't seem like she was going to come. But she did, and we were so happy and the whole sacrament meeting I was praying and asking God to fulfill the promise I'd made because I really did feel like I should say it. She left after the first hour and we haven't seen her since but I know that things worked out ok. We're going to stop by on Tuesday to see how she's doing. :)

So yup, yesterday was a good day. We had a baptism on Saturday of Adriana, who's been listening to missionaries on and off for years, but it was so great to see how happy she was and how her husband came to support her even though he's never come to church. The members we supportive also. I love this area, it's so...good. everything is functioning how things should in the church. Yayy!

Now Hermana Graham and I are going to go biking and play frisbee after lunch. We're excited and feel like we're in Provo again. Herm, what else to tell you all...Oh yeah, remember how I told you about Dionisia who always comes with her little boys to church? Yesterday we did divisions and Hermana Graham went with Luzmila,this awesome hermana from our ward, and I guess she accepted to be baptized. Now she just has to get married first.....*sigh* But she's great and it's been awesome to see how much she's changed. She just started reading the Book of Mormon a week or so ago and is already in 2 Nefi 31. Sweet.

Mmk welp I'm almost out of time but thanks for loving me and for always writing. Love you all!!

Hermana Dance

P.S: Hey Jamison, are you still going to be a doctor? Hermana Graham's dad is a doctor and after hearing all the stories she's told I've decided there are lots of benefits to having a doctor in the family...so keep on keepin' on brudder! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment