Thursday, July 21, 2011

My cousin James is coming home!

My cuzzie comes home from his mishmish in Kennewick Washington this week!! We were in the MTC together for a bit so I got to see him a few times and now he's all growed up and comin' home. *sniff sniff* I'm so proud of him for being the first missionary in his family and for how much he's grown, so Ima share an excerpt from his last email so you can be proud too:


"I'm going to miss the people here.  It took me two years, but now I
really feel a close connection with them all. -- even the ones I
haven't met yet.  These are my people.  There are people here the Lord sent me to find.  I will miss them, but I know that the work of the Lord will go forward here.  It's the work of the Lord -- He always keeps his promises.

...There is a huge contrast from my pre-mission and (almost)post-mission self.  I actually have a relationship with God now.  And it feels great.  I trust in Him.  It reminds me of those verses in the Book of Mormon when it teaches that we will know His voice because Christ is our Shepherd.  That is how I feel right now.  I have learned what His voice sounds like, so now I can recognize when he calls to me.  I have seen His face.

I know that Jesus is my Savior.  I have an understanding of the Fall, 
and my sins, which teaches me the necessity of Christ.  I need Him. And I know that He receives my soul as I live the doctrine of Christ. I love Christ, and I will continue to be a disciple of Christ the remainder of my life.

I love you all and look forward to all the tears and hugs and smiles.
See you shortly.  Life is good.

Love,
Elder Collier


Isn't he great!? Yeah, das my family. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment