Saturday, August 22, 2009

I'm going to Guatemala!

Hey family!

Thanks so much for you letters and emails.
Mom, your experiences in Daugavpils (sp?) sound awesome. The family and friends you visited sound awesome. And Dad, thanks for your letter too. I've been thinking about the difference between sacrifice and consecration and I studied a bunch of scriptures but I'm not as smart as you so I still don't really know the answer...haha. But I'll keep working.

Oh yeah, as to the subject title of my e-mail...I'm leaving Monday night (the 24th?) to go to the Guatemala MTC for six weeks. Apparently the SL travel office was supposed to tell us that in our calls but they didn't so the travel office just called us down yesterday and gave us our flight plans even though we didn't even know we were leaving. Only the Hermanas who are called to central america and learning spanish are headed down there, so one of my companions, Hermana Brewer, is staying because she's going to Virginia. :( I'm going to miss her and I wish she were coming with. My other companion, Hermana Caldwell, (oh yeah, I'm in a trio again because more hermanas moved up from the beginning spanish district into ours) is coming with me though.

I'm excited to improve my spanish but a little nervous because I feel like I don't know enough of the language to even communicate well. And I'm going to miss all the amazing resources at the MTC like tutors, teaching evaluation, the call center, workshops, devotionals and firesides. We're hoping for a General Authority at tonight's fireside but no one knows... :)

Ok here's the address for the Guate MTC:

Guatemala MTC
Bulevar Vista Hermosa 23-71
Vista Hermosa I, Zona 15
01015 Guatemala City
Guatemala, C.A.

I'm not sure if DearElder works there or not but feel free to try it.

K i'm running out of time so I'm just going to rush through things as I think of them. In case I don't get a letter written before I leave, please tell Aunt Mindy thank you so much for her package. That was so sweet of her. Oh and I guess the MTC computers don't let you put pictures on them so I'll try to print some out and mail them before I leave.

Ahhhh sorry I'm out of time and I haven't really had time to tell you anything but I'm doing well, I love it here and I love the gospel. I'll call you from the airport!

Love,
Hermana Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment