Monday, September 7, 2009

What a week!

Hey family!

Wahooo, what a week for our family :) Mom and Dad are chillin with General Authorities eating ice cream, me chillin with Latinos in Guatemala, Cassie starting work again, Jamison changing his major and Liz getting registered for school-we pretty much rock.

Guatemala is amazing! I wrote some of you emails and some of you real letters so sorry if I repeat myself because I can't remember which details I told which person sometimes. Last night I attempted to compose my email to you all in my head so I´d be more prepared, but after I realized I´d been talking about how amazing the food is for 5 minutes I thought it might be better just to wait until now. I´ll restrain myself, but I have to tell you the food is one hundred times better than Provo-it´s like having an abuelita cook for me personally every meal-perfecto.

Ok, so the MTC president here is awesome. I´m glad you got the pictures and stuff he sent. We get to hear from him at least once or twice a week and I always learn so much. I love it here because it´s like being in a giant family. Oh and my district is AMAZING. Seriously Dad, you´d be so impressed with these elders. One of them has his PMG completely covered in tiny notes with fullsize papers taped in covered with notes too-it´s incredible. They´re all so hardworking and excited to be here, and most of them are pretty mature (especially compared to my district in the MTC).

My spanish is getting better. I love having the latinos here but right now there are so many north americans that we have to share the latinos-there are 17 N.A. hermanas and only 4 latina hermanas.

Oh yeah, sorry I didn´t get to talk to you in Atlanta. I tried calling through the church operating system again but they told me they didn´t have the power to connect me to you even though they did it the night before...kinda weird. But it was great to talk to you a little bit in the SLC airport :)

I´m learning so much here! I know I say that everytime, but it's true. This week I've really been realizing more and more how much God loves us. I already knew that of course, but I'm seeing it more and more everyday. Because he loves us, he's given us Jesus Christ to allow us to have a way to return to him if we repent. Because he loves us, he's allowed us to be placed in families and to have a beautiful earth to learn and grow. Because he loves us, he and his son Jesus Christ appeared to a young Joseph Smith in an answer to sincere prayer. Becaus he loves us, he's allowed his gospel to be restored again on the earth through Joseph Smith and modern prophets. I know this is true. And it's awesome! :)

Hmm, what else can I tell you. My companion is the same (well, one of them). Her name is Hermana Caldwell. (By the way have you gotten the pictures I sent yet?) Yesterday we were walking outside to visit the Casa de CRE (the TRC type place where we practice teaching) and on the way we talked to a few different people. We gave this adorable family (a mom, grandma and two children) a restoration pamphlet and then on our way back we met a 18 year old -ish girl and talked to her for a while and then got her address so the missionaries from Guatemala City can go visit her. Even though our Spanish is still very weak people are so nice and like to talk to us. And even though it's hard to say what we mean sometimes, we can still feel the Spirit so strongly when we talk about the gospel and bear our testimonies. It's awesome how even in practice lessons in CRE we can feel ourselves being guided by the Spirit to answer questions and teach to the needs of the practice investigators.

Ok I'm out of time but I love you guys!! The gospel is awesome

Love, Hermana Dance


Boulevard Vista Hermosa, 23-71, zona 15
Vista Hermosa 1. C.P. 01015. Guatemala,
Guatemala C.A.



No comments:

Post a Comment