Monday, October 26, 2009

Hello from Volcan! A day of sunshine :)

I don't have much time because this internet is super slow and I've been trying to attach pictures. We'll see how it ends up. I want to send them all to you but I discovered that if I try to attach more than three they all get deleted and it starts over. Wahmp wahhh. Three will have to do for now.

Thanks for your awesome emails mom and dad. I always learn from you and feel uplifted after hearing from you :) I wrote down the scriptures and I plan to look them up today and study more about faith, agency, and baptisms.

Thats awesome you got to set apart a couple from Latvia to be senior missionaries! How is the rest of the mission going?

Candida got baptized Saturday! It was a crazy day and we were running around all day doing errands and getting things ready but it finally came together. She looked so beautiful in her white clothes! And the Spirit was strong when they performed the ordinance. Lots of members came to support her but we need to work on teaching them to come in Sunday clothes...most of them (even the speakers) were in jeans and sports clothes. She said she felt good and was glad she got baptized. We still need to teach her a lot and help her get used to the culture of the church but I think she will do well :)

Things are going well. We have lots of people to teach and they're progressing but we still need to work harder to get them to come to church. Random stories from this week:

Saturday we ended up at a birthday party for a little girl who we didn't even know. We met her mom once and she invited us to the party and when we came with the Zone leaders (they were in our area waiting to interview someone) they were all excited and gave us all tons of food. People are so friendly and hospitable here-that would never happen in the U.S., haha. People are always giving us food and if we contact them at the tiendas they buy us snacks and juice half the time. It's different but a very good quality they have.

Ahh ok I'm out of time sorry this is so short but I love you all and I know the church is true. This is a great work!

Love,

Hermana Dance

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cassie, thanks so much for posting these. I'm not sure if anybody else ready them, but I do and wanted to say thank you. I really appreciate it.

    -Paul

    ReplyDelete