Monday, February 8, 2010

I think they sent me to a different mission on accident. . .

Oi!
So I think you all probably guessed from the title of my email that I got transfered....wahmp wahhhh.
It was really sad to leave Volcan and I got a glimpse of how it will probably be hard to go home. I'm really sad I won't be able to be there for the baptisms of Ladys and Luz on Friday and the baptism of Jonathan when it happens, but I know the Lord knows better than I do where I need to be and with whom so I'll trust him.
I'm now in a trio with my sister, Hermana Perez (Hermana Rodriguez trained her in Volcan the transfer before I arrived) and Hermana Herrera. They both seem awesome and I'm stoked.
I'm in Tocumen now, the area right by the airport. I seriously feel like I'm in a different mission because the only places I know are the little towns in the interior and I only know the missionaries who served in our zone there. When we got here last night I kept hearing ¨big city, downtooooown! Beepbeep, beepbeep!¨ playing in my head, haha.
It will be weird starting all over again in an area of unknowns. On the plus side, there are actual stores here, we go to a ward not a branch, and I'm pretty sure our area is smaller than Volcan and the two other towns we had in our area. And my mail will come faster because we're closer to the mission office.
Oh and before I forget, shout out to BYU 23rd Ward and all my Utah friends who sent me Christmas cards!! They just came last week but it was an excellent surprise. You all are amazing :)

Uhhh I feel all flustered and sleepy from all the traveling and new things and I can't think of anything to write. The zone is a lot bigger here and aparently there are more atheists and negative people here (in volcan everyone believes in God and is Christian). It'll be interesting adjusting to teach to the needs of the people here.
Welp, I love you all and I'm grateful for your letters and support. Next week I'll have more interesting things to tell you about and my brain won't be so confuddled. Until then, just remember the church is true!
Love,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment