Monday, February 22, 2010

Hey family!

Ahhh I love gmail. Now I can easily send everyone my emails instead of just sending it to mom :) Wow, that´s awesome James is already a trainer! Our family rocks. I love hearing about other missionaries (I also get letters from my roommates who are on missions now) and it´s awesome seeing all the things my family and friends are learning while I´m away.

Mom, your personal prayer experience sounds awesome. That was one of my favorite talks from conference but I need to apply it more.

This week we had some awesome experiences. One morning we were studying as a companionship in Chapter 1 in Preach My Gospel about our purpose as missionaries. We started talking about why we were here, and what we had hoped to get out of our missions when we left. Then one of my companions asked if we´d share our testimonies together and we all ended up bearing really powerful testimonies to each other. It´s interesting because we share our testimonies every day, but this time it was different because we´re all members and missionaries so we said things we wouldn´t normally go into detail about in a lesson.

Another awesome experience we had was teaching a partly inactive family on Saturday night, familia Campos. Only the mom and two of the 8 kids are active, and we taught almost the whole family when we visited Saturday night. We taught about the importance of the Restoration, and then we started talking about the sabbath and how important it is to go to church. One of the kids is 19 and has been inactive for about 8 years I think. My companion shared a scripture in Mark 14:37 and asked how much time the Lord asked of his disciples in that moment. Then she asked him ¨If Jesus Christ asked you for an hour, would you give it to Him?¨ He said yes, and then she said ¨We are representatives of Jesus Christ, and we´re here right now to tell you that he´s asking you for an hour tomorrow.¨ It doesn't translate very well, but the Spirit was so strong it was crazy, and it reminded me that we really are the voice and the hands of the Lord in this area in Panama. What a responsibility. After she basically told him that he had the knowledge and now he had to make the choice, and we finished and left. And yesterday at church, they all came! Yayyy!

Life is good.

Welp I'm almost out of time but I love you all and I'm so grateful for your letters and support!!

Love,
Hermana Dance

1 Nefi 14:14

No comments:

Post a Comment