Monday, April 5, 2010

Conference weekend is the best!

Hey all!

Wahooo, I love Conference weekend! And I was excited to hear president payne get called to the seventy. When they said his name is wasn't much of surprise-EP Ward is like a factory for future powerhouse leaders :) But yeah, conference is like Christmas and went by so fast :( Every time it comes around I feel happier and I notice more and more the themes each apostle has. Like Elder Uchdorf always talks about love, Elder Bednar always gives specific, detailed instructions for ways we can improve, Elder Holland is always super passionate and speaks in an awesome literary way-man, they're all so awesome.

Mom I wrote you a real letter today where I talked about some of my favorites so I won't go into much more detail about conference. You'll just have to a wait a month or two, sorry. Oh and Tuesday I finally got both of your packages and letters! Thanks so much! I hope my letter arrives faster over there than yours do here. This time I put (Europe) under the addess so they don't accidently send it to Korea again...oh panamanians...

Easter came and went without much fan fare. I guess that's how it should be though. Thursday we passed lots of drunk people taking advantage of their time off work and on Friday we saw a couple processions by the Catholics (here it's called Holy Friday instead of Black Friday which I think is a little more fitting) . Overall it made me grateful for the happy traditions we have of honoring Christ's resurrection instead of acting out his death and crucifixion.

Conference helped me chill out a little bit and I don't feel so stressed out but I still feel overwhelmed with all the work that has to be done in this ward and area. I feel like the salvation of everyone in San Miguelito 2 is hanging in my hands. Ahh! I guess that'sa little egotistical though since it's not even my work anyway but the Lord´s. Deep breaths.....

This week when I was freaking out about how can I help this ward become more spiritual and become a place where the members and investigators actually want to come, I decided to study about Moroni and his leadership. He was such an awesome and inspiring leader and I want to be like him and inspire these people like he inspiried the Nephites. The day I read about him, I got a letter from my friend Charlyn where she said she felt like Satan was attacking her a lot (she's waiting for her mission call). As I thought and studied I discovered a happy scripture chain that I shared with her and I want to share with you all too: We are amazing children of God, with all the potential to become like he is. So when we feel like we are being attacked by his fiery darts and shafts in the whirlwind, all we have to do is man up, put on the armor of God (Eph 6:10-17) raise our titles of liberty (Alma 46:12-13) and stick it to Don SatanĂ¡s like Moses did (Moses 1:13, 16-17). Booyah.

Welp I'm out of time again but thanks as always for all your love, prayers, letters and support. You are the best family ever!

Love,
Natalie

P.S. Happy late birthday Jamison and Dad....oops. I sent a zebra card to Jamison a while ago but Dad's is still in W.I.P. inventory. accounting terms, gloik!

No comments:

Post a Comment