Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hey all!

We had interviews yesterday (for Pday, ..) so we're using the internet today instead. I already forget all the things I was going to tell you all because I had to speak in our "District Conference" (a mock zone conference that we had today instead of district meeting) so my brain is all filled with thoughts from that talk and the talk I have to give on Sunday in the ward.

Events of the week: Saturday we cleaned the Centro de Salud in our area. It's the doctors office/hospital for the poorer people and it was suppppper gross. I think anyone from the U.S. would be appalled to see that people receive medical attention in a place like that. We went with the whole stake and cleaned, painted, repaired, and did construction work for four hours and when we were done it was hardly recognizable. I'll send you some pictures next week. Also, Sunday afternoon I got stung by a bee and had a weird allergic reaction. My ankle got all swollen and it hurt a ton to walk. It's still all swollen but it doesn't hurt anymore, just itches like crazy. I think the bees are more intense here...

Hermmm, what else...we had zone conference this week too, which is always sweet. I still need to meditate and study a little more to figure out all the ways I'm going to apply what we talked about.

Things are going well with my companion. She talks to people in the street now and participates more in lessons. She's not exactly someone I would be naturally drawn with to live with for 2 months but I'm learning to have more patience and to love more like Christ does.

Speaking of loving like Christ does, I have lots of work to do. Last night we went to have an FHE with an inactive family. We left an hour early and traveled in 2 buses through a ton of traffic to get to their house, and then we got there and the sister told us they were all busy, we'd have to reschedule, etc etc. Yarg. So we sat down with her to at least sing a song, have a prayer and share a scripture. Her three grown daughters were in the kitchen but refused to join us (all of them are members and at least one an RM) . The RM one came in wearing a tank top and tiny shorts and demanded "Aren't they leaving? Then why are you going to sing?" Her whole attitude and manner was radiating dislike, if not hatred....and it bugged me. Later she came back in when we asked the hermana how we can help her and the she demanded "When are you coming to wash my windows?" Bahhh, I'm sorry to admit I wanted to tell her "Uhhh, when are you going to repent and come back to church?" But I didn't, I just told her what day we could and we talked about setting up a time to do it.

I was all irked when we left because her whole manner of treating us was demeaning, rude, and almost like she wanted to humiliate us. And then I started thinking about Christ and all the rude things he endured, all the humiliation he suffered, and how he never reacted with anger or vengeance. So I'm trying to develop that more. Because even though I didn't say anything rude back and I was all sweet and smiley, I had icky feelings towards her on the inside, and it shouldn't be that way.

Well, that was a little bit of a tangent but those were the thoughts that came into my head right now. I love to hear about how everyone's doing and how things are going in the mission. Tell Randy and Coleman congrats!

Love you all,
Hermana Dance

Isaiah 55:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment