Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's Thanksgiving?!?

Hey family,
It's week 6-eek! Soon our dream team is going to be broken up and I think I'll be in a new area...! That's what the president said in interviews but who knows what will actually happen...
Ahhh, Karen's fecha fell :( We've been trying so hard and doing all we can but she's just fallen backwards because her husband is negativeabout everything now that he found a job and doesn't need help anymore. She feels like it's too hard and has blown off so many appointments that we've set with them that we've decided we have toleave her for a while :( Gahhh! Me duele!
But on the bright side, part of one of our super cute families came tochurch on Sunday. They are familia Robles, and this Sunday Mariel (14)and her brother Mario (11) came by themselves even though their mom was sick and couldn't and their dad was out of town. We love them all so much! We love doing fun creative games and lessons with them andhave loved seeing them grow. We think that now that Mariel and Mario are getting into it, their mother and father are going to follow and come to church with them.
I will tellyou what I learned this week....if I have time. Sometimes Hermana Graham and I have felt discouraged and this "What is it all for?" feeling when we feel like we work so hard and then everything falls apart (like with Karen or with recent converts that don't stay active). I have been thinking about the analogy of working in the vineyard for a while and the other day I came across 1Corinthians 3:5-9 Some plant, some water, and God does the growing.
I imagine all of us out in this giant garden the size of the world in different stages of growth, decay, and wilderness. He sends us out to do what we can to help him. Except I imagine us all out there with little plastic spoons, planting, sowing, reaping, etc in this huuuuge garden. Sometimes we get tired, discouraged, lazy, and frustrated when it doesn't seem to grow or turn out how we want, and other times we are so happy and love what we're doing and want to take credit for it when it grows and flourished. But really when we go to bed at night, God sends his angels with the heavy-duty efficient machinery to do all the real work. And He's like the sun that makes it all grow. We can do all the actions, sow, water, prune, etc, but if the sun's not in it(aka God's not on our side for disobedience of X or Y reason) then it won't grow no matter what we do.
Yup yup, that's what I've been thinking. It came out a lot more eloquent in my journal but...I'm really tired right now after a day of exploring in Boquete and it's sort of a struggle to make it come out how I learned it. Lo sorry!
Welp, love you all and hope all is well. Mom and Dad, eat some turkey! And everyone else well, do the same I guess but eat lots more and play ulitmate frisbee!
Loves,
Hermana Dance

1 Corinth 1:25

No comments:

Post a Comment