Monday, November 15, 2010

Take that, and THAT! Mmmhmmm

Hey family,
Hola! Hmmm, what to tell you all. I will start with a story of how we stuck it to the man, Don Satanas. Yesterday we went to go pick up Karen and Alexander for Stake Conference and for the 4th time in a row she came out and told us they couldn't come for X or Y excuse. Wompwahhh. So we left feeling like failures and showed up with one of our recent converts feeling yucky the whole time because all the other missionaries came with their cute families and investigators and we didn't have anyone :(
We went home after to drop off some things and wallowed for a little bit asking ourselves what we're doing wrong, deciding if we should have pushed more to get them to come, etc etc. I said that we were in need of Super Strong (umm, check out the videothe Wards posted on the blog or Facebook or somewhere to know what I'm talking about) and Hermana Graham laughed and said we weren't going to find him moping around. So we got our stuff and as I was in the bathroom before we left (the place of all true revelation and inspiration) I had the thought that Satan was using Karen and Alex not coming to make us feel icky and not want to work. Because this is now the third time we've felt like this and every time we just feel bad the whole day and lose our motivation and all the appointments seem to fall and we're just waiting for the day to be over. He puts something in Karen and Alex's way because he knows he can kill two birds with one stone-keep them from progressing and deter us for one of the most productive days of the week.
So I came out and told Hermana Graham and she agreed and then we left feeling more defiant out on our way to conquer the world (or at least Bolivar, David). As we left the house I heard a voice in my head say "I've begun to answer your prayers...."
Remember what I told you about the wars in the Book of Mormon and how Alma asked the Lord to know the enemy strategy to be able to defend themselves? Yeah. Strategy revealed, Satan's design thwarted, done and done.
We went out and contacted and got rejected a lot but then ended upfinding a sweet new family. They're married, are looking for a church but want to decide as a family, and the mom went to primary as a little girl. They seem pretty prepared.
Herrmmmmm what else. I don't have lots of time because I just spent alot of it trying to figure out picture stuff-for Christmas. They're making a giant slide show and have asked us to send in 5 picture seach. My camera is wacko and I've been having some issues but I think it's finally figured out.
Jamison-find Sarah Jayne in the next two days and give her the biggest biggest hug for me ok!!? She leaves on Wednesday and we'll miss eachother by three months but it's the best best decision she can makeright now. Boy howdy, New Zealand!
Love you all and hope all the conferences, travels, work, and studies are going well!
Love,
Hermana Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment