Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy New Year!

Hello again,
Ahhhh it was so good to be able to talk to you all on Christmas!! I loved hearing everyone's voices and being able to still feel part of the family even though I'm so far away. Although I can see now why they only let us call twice a year beause after we talked I was distracted thinking about you all for the rest of the morning.
Lots of things have changed in the last few days since we talked. My trainer and first companion left to go home on Sunday and I stayed with one of the sisters in the nearby city of David. Our companions got in from Panama City late last night and all the buses for Volcan were long gone so we had to stay in David last night. We stayed for the district meeting, we're using the internet now as a district and then we're headed back to Volcan finally. Oh yeah, and one of my good friends from the CCM, Hermana Bloomfield, is the companion of the sister I was staying with. It's awesome to see her again.
My new companion is named Hermana Garcia and she's from Nicaragua. She trained one of the sisters who came in with me. She is beautiful and elegant and I'm excited she's my companion. She seems very sweet and I think we're going to have fun. She goes home in June, and I'm grateful that I don't have to see another sister go home because it's hard to watch them go around saying bye to everyone for a week and making plans for what they're going to be doing after when I'm just starting and feel like that day is so far away. Everybody says time passes fast but last week was probably the longest week of my life, second to my first week in the MTC haha.
I'm stoked to start a new transfer and a new year with Hermana Garcia and to learn from her. Lots of times as a junior companion/newbie I feel like I don't have much to offer, but thanks for your advice dad. I will do all I can to make sure we learn and grow together.
When I got here I remember thinking that I should make a list of how I want to be as a trainer but I never did it so thanks for the reminder. Oh yeah, and you never sent me your "And my father dwelt in a tent" talk. I want to read it!! I think the mail's been backed up for quite a while but I'm assuming they'll bring it when they come for zone conferences in a couple weeks. I hope so at least...
Hmmm, what else to tell you....Mom and Dad, did you get the Christmas card I sent? I think I sent it out kinda late so I'm not sure when it'll arrive. Oh yeah, and did you come up with any insights about that scripture in Ecclesiastes?
Welp, I'm almost out of time but thanks for you emails and support. I'm so lucky to have such an awesome family. So many of the Latino missionaries come from crazy sad family situations, or they are the only member in their family. I'm so lucky to have a strong, unified family who love and support me and send me good letters that motivate me and and help me to be a better missionary. And I know I'm being blessed by your service as mission presidents :)
Love you all!
Love,
Hermana Dance

Mosiah 27:25-26 new creatures in Christ (the scripture I meant to send with the last email)

No comments:

Post a Comment