Monday, January 4, 2010

Woot, it's 2010

Hello family!
Sorry I don't have much time today but HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I feel like we're in a cyborg decade writing 2010-I don't know why, it just looks weird.
Tonight I have to ride on a bus from midnight until 6 in the morning because I have to go to immigrations. Ew. So far I've been here somewhat illegally because they never called me to immigrations to get some sort of card that says I'm legit. I guess we have to go every 3 months or so.
Sounds like your zone conferences are going to be fun this round. WEll, I'm sure they always are but even more this time. Things are good with my new companion. She's an awesome missionary and has served in tons of different areas, I think because President Madrigal wants to spread her influence throughout the whole mission haha.
Today I was studying in the Book of Mormon in Alma about the wars between the Lamanites and Nephites. There a part in chapter 57 where Gid left to take all the Lamanite prisoners to a different city, but they ended up rebeling and escaping. I remember every time I read this part before I always thought it was a bummer that they all escaped, and this time I started wondering why the Lord let that happen when Helaman and the Nephites were being righteous. The answer came when I read verses 17 and 18, which talk about how all the men who had been guarding the prisoners returned and saved the rest of the Nephites when they were about to fall into the hands of the Lamanites. The Lord let the prisoners escape because He knew the army of Gid was needed to save the rest of the Nephites from losing the battle. It's the same in our lives. Sometimes we ask the whole "Why do bad things happen to good people?" question, and here is a perfect example. God knows more than we do. We just need to trust in Him like the Nephites-especially the armies of Helaman-did and things will work out.
Oh, and I forgot to verify when I talked to you all on the phone. Entonces, will you each read a fresh Book of Mormon and give it to someone as one of your goals for this year? I am expecting an email from each of you telling me yes or no so I can follow up and respond to doubts and concerns. Haha.
Oh no, I'm already resorting to missionary jokes...and I only have 5 months here!
Ok I'm out of time but I love you all and hope you're doing well. Talk to you next week!
Love,
Hermana Dance
Alma 57:17-18, 21-22

No comments:

Post a Comment