Monday, January 18, 2010

I don't have time to think of a cool title...

Hey family!
News of the week: Our washing machine is fixed and we now have running water again-wahoo!! After day 8 we finally broke down and waited until people came to fix it. Before it hadn't gotten fixed because they never came before we left for the day but we decided it was worth it to wait until they finally came at 2.
Other exciting news: In our Pday de Zona last Monday my soccer team won twice in row. Not that we kept score or anything...err....oops. I'm turning Latina inside and out because my skin is getting darker and I'm learning how to play futbol again. :)
Oh and another exciting bit of news: my latina bff Charlyn started filling out her mission papers this week. Yayy!!
Thanks for all the tips Dad. I'm just going to print out your email so I don't feel all rushed reading it. Also, I got your "And my father dwelt in a tent" talk in DearElder on Tuesday. I glued it in my journal and wrote "And my father dwelt in a tent" with a sweet illustrated picture :) Seriously, who else has parents who write sweet talks/emails to them on their mission? Uhhh ok maybe a few other ones but the talks probably aren't as good.
This week we fasted a couple times for our investigators and the positive investigators in our district. It's interesting to see how the Lord answers our prayers. The people we prayed for are still progressing slowly or have stopped progressing, but we've found new people who are ready to come back to church or be baptized quickly. I don't think it was a coincidence (uhh sp?) that after fasting and praying we had three families at church yesterday. Wahoo! Two of them are families where one of the parents is an inactive member and now has older children and a spouse so we're working hard to reactivate and complete families.
Wednesday is our zone conference with Elder Clark, the area president of Central America (or a counselor, I'm not sure which). I'm sure it's going to be awesome. Ahhh there never seems to be enough time to tell you all everything I'm doing. Basically things are going well, I'm learning and trying my best to be a good missionary and to make my Heavenly Father and my earthly parents proud. And all my future childrens who are up there watching. Haha.
I love you all, and thanks again for all the news, advice, and words of encouragement.
Love you!

Love,
Natalie

3 Nef 5:13 Soy una discipulo de Cristo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment