Monday, January 11, 2010

Turns out Boy Scout adventures are only fun for a few days. . .

Hola family!!
Ahhh sorry I only have like 5 minutes today because I had to clear out my mailbox so it wouldn't return emails.
I'm glad you finally got my card-I guess regular mail is a lot slower than we thought :)
This week has been a little crazy. Today is our sixth day without water in the house. Luckily there's a little stream next to our house so we've been hauling water up in buckets to bathe. It was sort of fun the first couple of days because I felt like it was some sort of a mission rite of passage to bathe with a bucket of river water, but now it's just time consuming and inconvenient. And dirty, haha.
I was talking to my companion about how I felt like we were passing off merit badges. I already have washing clothes by hand because our washing machine broke last week, now I have bathing with a bucket of river water, and I'm just missing cooking dinner over a fire, haha.
We have water bottles with filters so we've been drinking the water, but I got really sick on Saturday throwing up all day and night so I'm not sure if I really trust the filter anymore, haha.
Otherwise life is good.
We have several new positive people, but many of them are progressing much slower than our investigators from October and November.
Eek well I don't have more time, sorry this letter is so lame.
Thanks for your letters and emails, I promise I'll write better next week!!
Love,
Hermana Dance

Hel 6:3-5 What should happen when someone joins the church...

No comments:

Post a Comment