Monday, March 1, 2010

I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord

Que sopa familia?!
So the day after I wrote you last week I had Emergency Transfers!
Weeeeooooo Weeeeooooo Beep beep beep beeep *flashing lights and sirens* !!!!!
Haha so yup I got pulled out of my trio and dropped into San Miguelito, the richest and biggest area in the mission. I got changed because my new companion was training but her companion decided to go home... sad to hear but it happens...

I'm with Hermana Davila, an awesome missionary from Nicaragua who finishes her mission in this transfer so I have three weeks to learn an area the size of Eden Prairie. Eek!!
This area is pretty much Eden Prairie, Panama style. It's commercial and residential and filled with huge super nice houses. Actually, they're probably lower or middle class sized houses in the U.S. but here they are huuuuuge and incredibly nice. It's really weird going from Volcan to Tocumen to San Miguelito. Everything keeps getting bigger and nicer.
There are a couple "poor areas" in San Miguelito, but even these have houses way bigger and way nicer than anything I say in Volcan (besides the houses of foreigners). I feel more comfortable when we go to these areas because there are more trees and the people are more like the people I met in Volcan. I feel intimidated contacting rich house and doctors, lawyers, etc. Every area is so different!
Mom, your experience speaking on Sunday sounds awesome. I always pray that our family will be happy and well and have spiritual experiences to it's nice to hear my prayers are being answered :)
Oh yeah, and Wednesday we went to the temple! Here we only get to go to the temple when we baptize a family and since I was super far away from the city when we baptized familia Pinedo, Presidente Madrigal told me that once I got changed closer to the city I'd be able to go. We went super early Wednesday morning, in the 8:00 session. When we go there it was still dark outside and we had lots of extra time so we took pictures and walked around outside. It was amazing. Just stepping onto the grounds I felt a giant wave of peacefulness wash over me. We felt so happy inside and didn't want to leave the celestial room :) Being there really takes away every little stress and worry I have and just lets me feel peaceful and feel the spirit.

Later that day when I was thinking about how much I love the temple and I realized that God has begun to answer my prayers from nine months ago. My roommate, Sarah Motley was working at the temple and she always talked about how much she loves the temple every time she got home and I remember I started praying that I'd be able to love the temple like she does. And now nine months later I feel like I can say I love the temple the same way she said it.
Welp, I'm out of time again. I'm going to try to send you pictures now in the last 3 mintues so hopefully they go through. Love you all and thanks so much for your support and prayers and letters.
Love,
Hermana Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment