Monday, March 15, 2010

I didn't proofread! Loves!

Hey all,

Misión Panamá has upgraded to letters to the president over the interwebs-wahoo! I type way faster than I can write so I can finish it faster and have un poquito mas tiempo para escribirles. :)

Oh yeah, our house was going to catch on fire because the whole hill behind our house was covered in flames when we finished eating lunch. The house filled with ashes and smoke and we freaked out a little bit getting our stuff to leave but said a prayer first and in a couple minutes the fire chilled out and moved further away. God loves us :)


We have a baptism on Saturday! His name is Miguel and he´s around 65 years old. His kids got baptized when they were little and I guess he didn't even know. Now they're all inactive and don't really want anything to do with the church but he is reading the Book of Mormon and Prinicipios del Evangelio for hours everyday. He's ready and hopes to be an example to his family so his kids come back and his granddaughters grow up in a different environment, with the gospel in their lives.

San Miguelito is sweet. It's a struggle sometimes because the area is so big that we waste an hour, sometimes an hour and a half going from one appointment to another because of traffic, waiting for different buses and chibas, and walking. But we've made it a goal this week to find a new family every day and so far we've met the goal. We have several new families with lots of potential.

Being in San Miguelito I've learned a new math equation: Quality of life and openness to the gospel are inversely related; where x is equal to the quality of life in terms of the amount of material posessions and y is equal to the softness of the heart or openness to the gospel, as x increases, y decreases, creating a line with a slope of -1/2.

*gloik!* (that's a nerd noise...)

But seriously, the more things we have, the more comfortable we are and the less need we feel to trust in God. We begin to "lean unto our own understanding" and "trust in the arm of flesh." (not sure about the references on that, one is in Isaiah I think...)

There's a reason why Mormon points out that every time the Nephite civilization fell, it began with rich clothes, material possessions, and pride. Cuidado!

Wow, Carson is going to Zimbabwe!! That's so nuts, and awesome! Maybe he'll get to play with baby lions!! Tengo celos....Send him my congrats.

Welp I'm out of time but I love you all and I'm grateful for all the letters, updates, and support. You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Love,
Hermana Dance

P.S. Dad, good to know I'm not a lost sheep anymore, haha. I didn't even know they'd lost my records.

No comments:

Post a Comment