Monday, July 12, 2010

New wave revolution

Hey family!

Ok ok so Thursday we had zone conference with the new president and we got to know him a little bit. They're awesome. I was going to send pictures but the computer isn't reading my memory card... :( next week... But anyways, they're the Wards, they're from California and he likes to surf. He's super happy and reminds me of a perfect cross between Dad, my BYU stake president President Childs, and my mission prep teacher. Heh. It's fun to see them together and how they love each other because los Madrigal were really cold in their affections for each other in front of us. It's interesting to see the differences. Presidente Ward served in Argentina with Elder Scott as his mission president and then at the end of his mission they sent him to open the mission in Spain-crazy huh?

Herm, life is weird these days. My compita is cool and scary at the same time but she's pretty much run out of steam and doesn't want to do very much or always has some sort of illness. I'm trying to be understanding but it's hard to be motivated when I feel like I have to work alone sometimes...but I'm still learning a lot from her and we have lots of fun.

Pretty much you all are the best family ever. just had to get that out there. This week we're still teaching the huge family with tons of grown kids, in-laws, and grandkids and we feel so much love for them. It's hard with the ward though because this family lives in one of the only poor areas within our boundaries and almost all the members live in the rich housing developments...Yesterday this family didn't come to church because they felt like they didn't have nice enough clothes to come... :( Arg sometimes I feel frustrated with how cold and proud and materialistic the members are. Oh and our bishop is inactive again. But we're working on things bit by bit...

Eek I gotsa go, love you all!

Hermana Dance
Mosiah 3:9

No comments:

Post a Comment