Monday, July 26, 2010

Hey family!

It's been a weird week. I sort of feel like the world is ending because my companion is going home in two days. Ahhh!! Oh yeah, I can't remember if I told you all transfers are on Wednesdays now instead of Monday's so I don't know who my new companion is yet. I'll keep you posted. Man when I get transfered out of here I know I'm going to feel like I'm going to a new mission all over again because I'll have over a year in the mission and only 2 areas....weird huh? Welp, el Padre Celestial sabe lo que hace...

Last Monday after we checked our emails we went with two elders from our zone to visit this huge famliy we're teaching the. They're both fun and love music-one of them sings and plays the guitar so they busted out a quitar and started singing a bunch of songs they're written about Panama, about their area, the people, the mission, etc. It made me think of Jamison and Connor and Bubbly Toes on Christmas Eve. Awww. It was a lot of fun and the family loved seeing elders. The daughter of one of Aleyka, one of the sisters who came to church last week, was super sick with asthma that day and asked them to give her daughter a blessing. The elders did it and also prayed for the family and for their jobs, etc. After the blessing Emily (the little girl) already looked a little better and had more energy. When we went to visit them on Wednesday Aleyka told us it was a miracle because that same night she got better and she went to school the next day. Whenever she gets sick with asthma she normally needs 3 or 4 days to recover and Aleyka gained a big testimony of the power of the priesthood. Her husband also felt it and everything went really really well for him at work the next day after the elders prayed for his job. This family is awesome and they're definitely prepared. At least two of the 8 grown brothers and sisters already have testimonies and everyone else is progressing bit by bit. It's like a snowball because every time we come more and more of the family is there to listen to. They're never ending! haha. But it's awesome.

Welp, besides them I've pretty much just been thinking about how I'm going to miss my companion and about how to help the members so the ward doesn't get shut down or merged with another one. There are a few really awesome families that are active but there are way more inactive for the crazy things that've happened with the leadership here, for rumors and gossiping, and for pride and materialism...sometimes I wish there would be an earthquake or a huge storm only in this part of Panama to wake them up. In the meantime, we'll see what we can do as representatives of Jesus Christ.

I gotsta go but I love you all. Thanks for everything!!

Love, Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment