Friday, September 17, 2010

I'm back I'm back!!

Hey family!!

So I got transferred to David! Yayyyy!! It's close to Volcan (my first area) and it's rural but civilized all at once-the perfect combo. I feel like I'm home again....! We have zone conferences with my first zone and we'd come here for Pdays when we reached our goals so I feel very happy here. Plus my area is teeny (no short buses, no diablos rojos, no traffic, no elevated bridges to cross the street, no traveling for an hour in between appointments) I feel like I can be so much more efficient because everything is so close.

Everybody says hi back, we can get into anyone's house, the members know we exist, the sisters actually come to relief society and everyone comes to the activities. It's amazing! I'm in a branch but this branch is stronger than the ward I'd been working in for 7 1/2 months. We already got invited to someone's house for dinner! Haha sorry if I'm getting too excited, I just forgot how awesome it is being out of the city. *sigh of relief*

Oh, and my companion is amazing. She's Hermana Graham from Birley (sp?) Idaho (the motherland! ok well, for mom and dad anyways....) and she's so sweet. The best part: she loves running, eating turkey sandwiches, and doing active things outside. Finally finally finally I have a companion who will work out with me!! So we've been going out in the mornings to run for 45 minutes and it's helping me learn our area a lot faster. We have lots of plans for this transfer and I'm excited.

Herm, what else to talk about...I'm a little sad because now that I'm 8 hours aways from the city I won't be able to come to the baptisms of Geraldine or Amin and Jennifer :( But I'm definitely going to keep tabs on them to see how they're doing. I was also sad to leave some of the coolest members I've ever met buttttt I definitely needed a change of scenery. Ahh your poor missionaries who only speak the language of the country and only have like 4 areas they can go to their whole mission....! I don't know how they do it.

Welp I don't really have any updates on people we're teaching yet because I just got here, but I'm excited because it's so easy to find people here. We just found 3 families in these last 4 days....jes. Next week I'll send sweet spiritual experiences :)

:) Oh and now that I'm thinking of it, be prepared for packages and letters to arrive after 3ish months (probably 4 from mom and dad) because our inter-mission mail system is NOT very efficient. Arg. So don't worry if I haven't gotten stuff, it's just that the mission mail system is very slow. I don't think I've actually had any lost packages yet. Or maybe I just don't know...eek!

Ok welp love you all, thanks for everything!!

Love,
Hermana Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment