Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I have fire in my eyes. . . cough, cough

Hey family,
Thanks for all the birthday wishes! So far we've been invited to like 3 different going-away/birthday parties. The members were nice yesterday and some of them said that they'd miss me but usually it's the investigators and less active people that love us the most and invite us to things.
Wednesday was officially the best day ever :) We called the President and his wife to go out with us to visit some of our most positive investigators. We got there kind of late but we taught Geraldine (an awesome 19-year-old girl) the plan of salvation and she told us about how she'd received her answer that these things are true. We set a baptismal date for this saturday and she accepted and the president told me that if I'm close by next transfer I can go :). Then we went to visit our big famly, la famlia Martinez. The Spirit was really strong and they got all quiet when he talked-they all loved him because he's so sweet and happy. Hermana Ward didn't speak any Spanish when she came out here but now she can bear her testimony. It's awesome. It was so great to have them with us and fun to get to know them better. After he also bought us Blizzards from DQ and I felt like I was hanging out with my own parents.... :)

This week I realize that I'm finally starting to be able to be more confident in my abilities to recognize and follow the Spirit. A couple of nights ago we ended up in another unplanned lesson with recent convert and her 21 year old son who'll come to church on and off sometimes. I had no idea what to teach because what we had planned wasn't right for the situation so as we sang the opening song I just said a quick prayer to know what to say and BAM the perfect idea came to my head. The Spirit is awesome.
This guy is obsessed with his body and working out because he does field events (as in long jump, discus, etc). So I started by asking him what he does to take care of himself and stay in shape and he got all excited telling me about it (I think he got the wrong idea for a second, haha) and then I asked him how much time he spends doing all that and he said "pretty much all day" After that I said ok and asked him "So since you're spending that much time taking care of your body, what're you doing to take care of your spirit?" shazam. He didn't know what to say and got kind of bashful because he knows it's stuff he should be doing. We proceeded to teach a lesson about prayer, reading the scriptures, and going to church to take care of your spirit. So in summary I'm just really happy that the Spirit tells us what to do and say and I'm finally confident that we can end up in whatever random lesson and if I trust in the Lord, take it easy and don't freak out about what I'm going to say, the words will come. Being a missionary is the coolest.
Welp, love you guys a ton! Thanks so much for all the support.

Love,
Hermana Dance
Alma 26:21-22

No comments:

Post a Comment