Monday, September 20, 2010

It's Cassie's Birthday!

Hey all!

I'm doin sooooo good! (Teen Girl Squad voice) Dad, I know that's grammatically incorrect but just go with it, I've been speaking straight up Spanish for a year now. Haha.

But yeah, I'm happy. I love love my compy and yes, she does know the assistant. Small mormon world, wooot! This week we decided in our nightly planning to identify a miracle that we saw during the day. It really helps us to see the hand of the Lord in our lives every day and it's good because then writing in my journal doesn't seem so overwhelming if I only have to record that every night. We've had some awesome experiences this week.

I'm so humbled by some of the people we get to teach and associate with here. They have nothing but what they do have they give away. There are poor people in the city, but they seem prouder, angrier, and more aggressive. The poor people here are so nice and generous and teachable. One of the women we're teaching has had such a hard life with economic situations, abusive fathers and husbands, and crazy kids and she deserves to so happy. She's come to church with us the last two weeks and yesterday she brought us a papaya and yogurt to church and told us we're like her daughters.

We've been praying that God will pour his Spirit out on Bolivar (my area) to prepare the people to receive the gospel and have been seeing the results. The other day we were walking by the river and as we passed a house we heard a little girl shout "Mom, the hermanas are coming!" So obviously we took advantage of that and went over to meet her mom and found out she'd met a couple hermanas a few months ago and her 4 year daughter who is normally really quiet and shy invited us in and started talking to us a ton. Her mom was impressed and let us teach her and now we have an appointment to teach her and her husband on Wednesday. Miracle! heh.

Life is good, the gospel is awesome, and I'm happy. Love you all!!

Hermana Dance
Alma 8:10 (I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment