Monday, December 20, 2010

Dreaming of a white Christmas (with baptisms)

Hey family!
Welp, I think I’m going to stage a protest because I’ve been on this computer for 20 minutes and still haven’t been able to read anything you all have written me. The only thing that has opened so far was the finance email telling me how much money I have on my card. Derp derp.
Last night we sang as a zone in a Christmas Devotional that the stake primary put on. It was so awesome to see it. They did the nativity story and they were so cute all dressed up their costumes. I kept thinking about the movie Millions :) The spirit was strong and it felt so good to be there. We sang Oh Holy Night at the request of the stake president (I think because there are tons of Americans in this zone so he wanted us to sing in English) and despite the short notice I think it turned out mas o menos good?
Umm, Brenda got baptized on Saturday! She’s way cute and was super excited, I love her! Her mom, Maria, is the best too. She’s been inactive for years but wants to come back now that her daughter has gotten baptized. Maria is super blunt and is always yelling but it doesn’t mean she’s mad, she’s just like that. Heh. And her other daughter is the cutest little girl ever! I’ll send pictures when I find an internet cafe that isn’t teeming with flesh-eating viruses.

We’re also teaching Yulissa, our next door neighbor. I think I already mentioned her, but she is the best. She’s 16 and wants to get baptized and she had a date for Christmas day but yesterday she told us that her mom said she wants her to wait more time/be more prepared.
Last night we talked to President Ward for a little bit and he told us that we should just teach her mom the word of wisdom and the law of chastity and then she’ll be excited for her daughter to get baptized. So that’s going to be our next move. Other than that we’re still looking for new people.
Hmm, cool story:) When we moved into the house we found a book of Mormon without a cover. When we saw it we figured we shouldn’t really give it away to anyone but that we could leave it in a park on a bench somewhere for someone to find...haha. But then last Tuesday when we were on the bus to go to district meeting we were sitting next to a young teenage boy. My compita started talking to him about how school was out, asking what he was going to do for summer vacation, etc. Then she asked him if she liked to read. He said yes and she pulled out the coverless Book of Mormon and gave it to him. His eyes looked all bright and shiny and he just said thanks and opened it up, almost caressing the pages. He started reading the introduction right then. Later when my companion and I talked about it we shared that we had both felt the Spirit super strongly and we think he did too. Who knows what’ll ever come out of it, but it was inspired. Warm fuzzies!
Hmmmm que mas? This week we have lots of Christmas activities planned. With the hermanas on the 24th we’re going to make cookies and go around singing to the lonely people in each of our areas. Thursday is the mission Christmas party, wahoo!
Love,
Hermana Dance
2 Nefi 1:23 Despertad hija mia!

No comments:

Post a Comment