Monday, January 3, 2011

We did it!!

Hey familia!

We haven't really been able to sleep again because of New Years
celebrations, and some of our investigators didn't come to church
because they were still drinking or just hung over from the days
before, so it was kind of a rough week. But we're working with a young
couple right now and they're both stoked to be coming to church.
They've been twice, and the boyfriend is a member but has been
inactive for years. The girl is way cute and doesn't have any church
background and comes from a sad family situation, but she's super
excited to learn and keep coming to church every week. The only
problem is that she's only 16 and they live together, and they can't
get married unless her mom lets her. We've only taught her at church
and in their house once but I already feel like I love her so much, I
want to adopt her as my little sister and tell her to go home and go
back to school! But the best we can do is love her and teach her the
gospel (true principles) and let her "govern herself." (I think
that's a Jose Smith quote but I can't remember).

This week we had a training conference in the mission home. It was fun
because it felt all cozy (the Christmas decorations are still up and
Hermana Ward made us lunch). The training conferences every 2 months
are definitely inspired because there were quite a few things that I'd
forgotten...

The revelations are coming back!! These last two weeks have been full
of pereza and distractions but I feel like after yesterday I've gotten
back in the groove. I had lots of ideas and impressions in testimony
meeting and I felt like the sacrament was a lot more meaningful.
Thanks dad! I still think there's a lot I don't get but I'm on my way
to taking advantage of the ordinance of the sacrament. :)

The transfer is almost over but I think this is going to be one of our
best weeks. I have lots of ideas and plans and working with my compita
I think we can do some cool stuff this week. I think my problem was
that I let myself get into a teaching rut again so I got bored of
teaching and stopped doing new and different things. So this week I'm
tappin into the creative vibe again with new object lessons and visual
aids and questions. I'll let you all know how it goes....

Welp we're headed to the city now to go ride bikes in (on?) Causeway
so I gotta go. Love you all!!!

Hermana Dance
D & C 35:13

P.S. We did it!! We reached our goal of 1000 baptisms in 2010!! (We
actually ended up with 100,1) Yayyyyy

No comments:

Post a Comment