Monday, February 7, 2011

Hey family,

What's up? Thanks for writing...! How did your birthday go dad? I'm assuming you had a zone conference or something. Friday we had interviews and the president was asking me about what I'm going to do after, my major, . . . . Hermana Ward asked the same thing, and so did Hermana Bloomfield, one of the Hermanas that came with me who was there doing some trainings. I had a little freak out/moment of terror after thinking about all that stuff, but then I calmed down and pushed it out of my head. Waaaaah!

Yesterday was a good day....! We taught a new family (a young couple and their little boy) and the spirit was super strong....wooooo! We'd met the girl a few days ago and Saturday we taught her about the family. She was really quiet but nice and let us put an appointment to come back Sunday afternoon. We came and met the boyfriend and he was lame and didn't really want to talk to us. But she got him to come and at least pretend like he was participating. He wasn't really paying attention and kept looking at the cars and people walking by instead of at us, so I kept asking questions to get them to participate and focus. We were teaching about Christ's earthly ministry and I felt like we were being kind of ignored and I almost decided that we should just get out then because they seemed negative and like they didn't want anything, but I decided that if we left without talking about the restoration the condemnation would be ours. So we kept going, and when we started talking about Joseph Smith everything changed.

Gonzalo (the boyfriend) started looking me in the eyes and paying attention. Elizabeth stopped being so shy and starting answering the questions more. And when I said the First Vision everything got quiet-the cars stopped passing and honking, people stopped yelling, and it was a stillness you could feel. I felt it, and I know they felt it. Later I asked them what this all had to do with them, why they thought we were teaching them this, and when they didn't really know I promised them a whole bunch of blessings that I don't really even remember but I felt the Spirit super strongly. Woot. We're going back on wednesday night (when we first met them they told us that he works all the time, it'd be hard to find a time, . . . , but now they were willing to let us come back no problem. The Spirit works miracles...! ) :)

Ok, that's all for now. Love you all, hope you're all doing well and that you have a great week!

Love,
Hermana Dance

D&C 112:19
D&C 42:61

Hey before I forget, did you all buy my ticket to come home from Latvia yet? I love you guys and I'm stoked to see you and all, but I know that if I'm there for more than 3 weeks I'm going to go crazy without being able to figure out classes, scholarships, work, housing contracts, blah blah blah. ahhh!! So could you buy my ticket porfis? Thanks, love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment