Monday, January 31, 2011

tick, tick, tick

Hey family!

Tomorrow we're going to the temple as a zone because we reached our goal for January, wahoo! It'll be the 4th time I've been during my mission and I'm stoked because just the other day I was thinking about how much I wanted to go...God loves us :)

Yesterday was a good day. All the investigators that we invited came to church, our Principals of the Gospel class was way fun, and all of them had a good experience. Aurora, an elderly woman we found a few weeks ago, was sitting on the corner waiting for us when we went to bring her to church yesterday morning. She has lots of faith and has had a couple of cool spiritual dreams about baptism, but she can't read so it makes it a little hard because preachers or other people have been teaching her false doctrine here and there and she can't read to find out for herself. But she can pray, and when we taught her on Friday she said a sweet, humble prayer saying that she was willing to do whatever God asked of her and that she knows He's been guiding her.

We also taught a reference from an awesome family in our ward yesterday. She's way cool and came to church last week because they brought her, she loved it and needs a lot of help right now. She has cancer and her mom died 9 months ago, and when we taught her yesterday we found out that she doesn't really believe in the resurrection or life after death. But she's eager to learn and I think she wants to believe it, we just have to help her to know how.

I'm glad Grandma and Grandpa got my postcard. I wanted to send stuff to Grandma and Grandpa Dance but I don't have their address...!! Sorry for anyone I've neglected in the last year and half and for the birthdays and the important dates I've forgotten...it's a different world out here and I hope you all understand! The mission has a mysterious memory-erasing/bubble effect, haha. For example, last night I was talking to an elder who was in the MTC with me and we were reminiscing and he mentioned how the first week in the MTC we found out we had a friend in common. Last night he said the person's name and I honestly couldn't remember who it was or how I knew them. Five minutes later I finally remembered, and it made me a little bit worried because I don't think I'm going to recognize anyone or know their names when I come home (beside my family) Oops!

Welp, that was a random tangent, I guess that's what happens cuando tengo pereza para escribir...Life is good, love you all!!

Hermana Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment