Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Goooooooooooaaallllll!

Hey family!
Thanks for the pics and updates. I like how I can tell without reading the titles which picture is of the nuevos and which picture is of the group of returning missionaries...haha. The hermana on the right I recognize from when I've visited. And that's awesome you've been able to see some of you ex missionaries who've come back to visit. I hope to be able to do the same :)
I don't have cambios.
Mas bien they sent me an hermana who's finishing this transfer but she wanted to finish as the compaƱera menor (junior companion..) I guess she's been training for the last 5 transfers so she asked the president to be lowered her last transfer, haha. The only thing is that since she's finishing this transfer, I'm not going to leave this area until September because I'll have to teach the area to another hermana next transfer. I'll have 7 months here by the time I leave! Eek! But at the same time I'm happy because I love the people, my house rocks, and I'm not the best at adjusting to new areas, wards, etc. And since I'm going to be here for a long time I'm stoked to see what kind of activities and iniciatives I can start in the area/the ward to get things moving. Our mission leader is recently called and just got home from his mission a month or two ago so he's stoked and I know he'll help me. I'm excited to be creative, and to be with a new companion who will run with me (in a figurative sense-I'm still waiting for the compaƱera that will literally go running with me..jaja).
Hermmm what else to tell you all. I feel old. All my friends are going home! It makes me nervous thinking about how someday I'll go home too....Thinking about everything I've learned and how much I've grown and changed makes me so grateful that God was patient enough with me to keep sending me promptings to go on the mission even when I couldn't/didn't want to recognize them. I can say without a doubt that the mission is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm soooo lucky. and happy. Everything happens for a reason, every area, ward, companion, zone teaches us something and helps us develope atributos de Cristo. Someday I hope to be able to tell you all or show you all everything I've learned and document it for my future childrens tambien.
My brain feels mushy from lack of sleep and I don't feel like I have any inspiring stories to share-sorry. Since the world cup started this weekend our neighbors had all night parties with music blasting and lots of alcohol and crazyness so we haven't been able to sleep well. Since all the houses are made of concrete and have lots of open spaces and windows all the sounds bounce around and ehco and keep us awake. Next week I'll be more inspiring, I promise!

Miss yo faces!

Nat

D&C 45:62 (I think...it talks about how great things await us..)

No comments:

Post a Comment