Monday, June 28, 2010

Hey family,

I forget that other seasons exist outside of Panama because here it's only hot and rainy or hot and sunny so it's weird hearing about weather changes in Latvia and Utah...

Everything is going well here. My companion and I get along well and spend the whole day laughing and joking around. She's super forward and blunt and sometimes scary but I'm happy we're together haha. This week we've found a ton of new people but every single person or family we've visited has tons of problems and intense trials-divorce after 25 years together, an unfaithful boyfriend 5 days before the birth of their first child, the death of a father, a family member in the hospital waiting for a 4bypass surgery....lots of crazy stuff. We've felt like the Lord has led us to people who desperately need the gospel in their lives right now.

I've also seen how the Spirit has guided us to help the members. Friday night we finished an appointment and our investigator told us that the little bus stopped running by that hour and since my companion and I are both broke right now we were going to have to walk an hour and fifteen minutes just to get to the main road where the buses pass. Then we'd have to take the bus and walk more to get home and we probably would've gotten to the house around 10:00 P.M. We walked part of the way and then decided to stop to ask a member family for a ride to the main road. They weren't home so we went to another member's house as a last resort.

We got there and the hermana opened the door looking all tired and sad, and from the moment we entered the house I decided we weren't going to ask anything, just listen to her and share a scripture, pray with her and sing with her. She started to tell us about everything that was going on in her family and I felt like I didn't know what to say but when I said the opening prayer 2 Nefi 1:15 came to my mind and we talked about the love of God and the atonement. She cried and said that she was so grateful that we came, that she needed us that night and she didn't feel so alone and we felt like we were able to be an answer to her prayers. When we finished it was 9:30 P.M. and she answered our prayers because she called a taxi and payed for it to take us all the way home. The Spirit works in interesting ways... :)

Welp I'm out of time but I love you all and I'm happy to hear from you and that you all get a chance to spend some time together. You're in my prayers :)

Love,
Natalie

3 Nefi 9:13 Christ and his atonement can heal us

No comments:

Post a Comment