Monday, May 31, 2010

Hey all,

Welp I only have 15 minutes but in summary: We made history this month in our zone and had 11 baptisms for the first time in years. Actually I don't know if it's ever happened but for sure the goal has never gone above 9 in over a year and a half. Wahooo! Ahh I don't even know how to begin talking about my life this past week. Basically we all feel very happy and united. This is definitely my favorite zone despite what everyone says about how hard it is, how it's a dead zone blah blah blah. El SeƱor nos ha bendecido mucho. I wanted to write about the law of sacrifice and the idea of personal offerings of sacrifice to obtain blessing of the Lord but I don't think there's time. To be continued in a snail-mail letter!

Other updates: We finally have a baptism this Thursday! I think I've already told you all about him-his name is Alexander and he's 15 and loves going to church. Now he goes to all the activities and seminary too. He was the miracle we were waiting for in May but he kept saying he was unsure and never accepted his date for May 29. Then Sunday, May 30 after the second class he came up to me in the hallway and said "Hermana, cuando me voy a bautizar?" (When am I going to get baptized?) Yayyyy! So it's all set for Thursday and we're stoked.

We have several other positive investigators, including a family with 3 children. When we gave the mom a Book of Mormon, she was so grateful and looked at it like it was the most precious gift in the world. :)

Uhhh, I feel like so much has happened this week that I don't know how to reduce it down to an email. Sorry. Basically I am really really happy. Despite the challenges I've been having (this week and last week have been quite the struggle with my companion) I feel happy to be here on the mission. I love the people, I feel like they're my people. And I get sad when sometimes they tell me they want to go to the U.S. to work for a while and I think about the way they'd get treated there. I think I'm starting to sound like a hippy-peace-harmony-onelove person but it's true! Like this one family in our ward, famlia Diaz, are the most amazing and supportive family in the ward. I think I've told you about them (they're the ones that come out with us as a famliy almost every Sunday to teach). Well Sunday the father got called as the ward secretary (his first calling after he started coming back to church about a year ago) and when he stood up to get sustained the word that came to my mind was noble. That night when they went out with us to teach he told me that he's always wanted to visit the U.S. to work construction. They're amazing and very humble, but when he told me that I got sad because I started thinking about how if he goes to the U.S., everyone is just going to say he's another ilegal Mexian there stealing jobs. They don't know the great person that he is and how amazing his family is. Ahhh :(

Oops I'm out of time, sorry to end on a sad note. Nope, life is good, I'm happy, I love the people and I love you all. Cuidense mucho!


Love,
Hermana Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment