Thursday, August 5, 2010

"Tastes like burning!"

Hola!

Sounds like all the festivals were fun. I like hearing about the culture out there...haha I didn't know missionaries were allowed to dance. One of the sisters in the big family we're teaching danced bachata with me on Tuesday night, the last night with Hermana Chevez. Hehe. We're all going to miss her lots but I'm happy to be with my new compy too. Her name is Hermana williams and she's from West Jordan. My first American companion, woot.

I didn't ever really want to be with an American but now I'm enjoying the advantages....she understands when I say "uhhh, awkward...." or when I say random movie quotes in English. On the down side, they try to rip us off more in the taxis until I talk in a Panamania accent and tell them "Tres dolares! Estas loco!" and call them an aligator for trying to take advantage of us. Haha, I learned well from Hermana Chevez to be more direct...

We've already had quite a few interesting experinces together in the first few days...I haven't really been able to keep anything down since Thursday because of some food or parasite we ate...sometimes we have to take drastic measures when it's the end of the month and we don't have any money...haha. But I love being with Hermana Williams because she's super enthusiastic and supports my ideas as well as adding her own. We started working with the Primary yesterday and they're going to help us with their prayers and giving little talks in the gospel principles class, etc. We made them little name tags (Mom I sent you one in the mail :)

We're still working with the huge family and yesterday another sister with her kids came to church along with her sister-in-law who'd already come two weeks ago. It's awesome to see them progressing.

Eek I'm out of time. Love you all and thanks for writing!!

Love,
Hermana Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment