Monday, August 30, 2010

Vote for Pedro

Hey all!
It's campaign week! Next Sunday we're fasting as a ward for "those who know not God" (Alma 6:6 I think that's the translation in English anyways) so to help remind them and get them pumped we're campaigning. We're visiting all the members, teaching them, giving them flyers and door hangs, doing service projects, and getting references. Yayyyy!

It's working out well so far. More of the Relief Society sisters are going out with us and it's fun to be with them and learn from all their different perspectives and life stories. It's a huuuuge hassle because we have to figure out how to meet them and where and if they'll have a car (if not we have to set up appointments close by their houses because they don't want to walk far) and then we have to call them a hundred times to remind them during the week or to see where they're at if they're running late, and then we have to train them to not say anything wierd in the lessons or freak our investigators out etc etc. BUT once we get all that figured out they are a great asset for us and it's a big help for them and for the ward. It helps them remember that God and religion aren't just Sunday things and we can see that it's helping to raise the enthusiasm in the ward for missionary work bit by bit...! Yayyyyy!

Now when things are finally starting to work out I'm getting transfered, womp wahhhh. But that's ok, a new adventure. The people here are so loving once we're friends with them. We have like 5 different invitations for cook-outs and going away celebrations and birthday parties (my birthday is the day before the transfer) and I'm going to be sad to leave these people. So it goes. (name the book! mmm I haven't completely lost all my nerdiness...hehe).

Herrmmmm what else can I tell you. Amin and Jennifer are getting married but they have economic difficulties in getting enough money ($50) to pay for the medical tests. We're going to help them out but it's going a little slower than planned. But they're progressing and it's amazing to see how much Jenny has already changed. Yesterday she came to church and she dressed modestly (yayyy!) and was waaay more loving and patient with her 1 1/2 year old daughter. The gospel is the best.

We're also teaching a 19-year-old girl named Geraldine. She's very sweet and very positive. Last week when she couldn't come to church because he grandma had surgery she asked me which chapter we studied in the Principles of the Gospel class and she said she thought that was the one and that she'd read it at home along with a bunch of other things. She always knows when we're coming over and is excited, and she's already invited three different friends to come with here. We're going to put a baptismal date with her on Wednesday. Woot.

Ok welp those are my updates for now. Mission Panama is chuggin along. Oh and we reached our goal for August so I think we're going to Causeway again. Life is good. :) I feel like I'm finally getting a full grasp on all this missionary stuff. It only took a year....haha. I know there's lots more to learn all the time but I guess I feel like I'm finally....more confident in what I'm doing.
Love you all!!
Hermana Dance

my life be like:
Alma 21:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment