Monday, November 9, 2009

Holidays, interviews, and the latest happenings in Volcan, Panama

Ahh I never feel like I have enough time! This week was filled with Independence Day, Day of the Flag (Not really sure what that is), and interviews with the president. We didn't see much of the festivities but I don't mind because I'm not a big fan of parades anyways.

My first "real" interview with the president was awesome. It's weird because since I've seen the "behind the scenes" of a mission president's life and you two are serving I sort of felt like I was talking to dad when we had interviews. President Madrigal asked about the work in Volcan, who we're teaching, how my companion is, etc. and then he taught me from the scriptures. I know he is called and led by God. I know that even though I don't know how to express myself very well in Spanish, he understood and was able to respond in a way that helped me the most. The things he said to me were very specific to my needs and helped me a lot.

Felipe passed the interview and his baptismal date is set for this Thursday. We're really excited for him and so is he. Aside from the we've been working hard to find new people to teach this week. President Madrigal promised my companion that if we worked around the chapel we'd find a family to baptize, so that's what we're doing.

Today the elders are in Volcan to help us clear the yard of bushes and branches as a precaution because it's really dark where our house is. This week we've definitely seen the Lord's hand in our lives helping protect us. It's never been anything dramatic, just kind neighbors watching out for us and men who are members or who we know walking or riding past our house at exactly the time we arrive at night so they can make sure we get in safely. I know we're being protected and watched out for :)

Eek where did the time go!?? I guess I'll finish by talking about what I read in Mosiah 24:12-16 this week. When the righteous people of Alma were in bondage, they called upon God for help. He lightened their burdens so they didn't feel them (he didn't remove them). They were patient, faithful, and cheerfull in their afflictions. THEN, after God saw how patient and faithful they were, he delivered them the next day. Just another demonstration of how miracles FOLLOW faith.

Welp, sorry I can't share more but I love you guys!

Hermana Dance

Acts 27:10-11, 20-25 follow the prophets and we'll be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment