Monday, November 16, 2009

Placentero nos es trabajar

Hola familia!!
Thank you for the flood of emails this week! I like seeing mom and dad write together in the same email-it creates a happy picture in my mind of you two at the computer together :) Plus then I get to guess who wrote which part. Sounds like things are going well with you all. How are the new missionaries? Have the ones I met in the MTC arrived yet? I told them to tell you hi...
Today was transfer day but luckily I'm still in Volcan with Hermana Rodriguez. She FINISHES her mission the next transfer (Dec 28). So for sure I'll be here until at least February because I'm the one who will know the area and the investigators when she leaves. I'm stoked because it's beautiful here and not as hot and I love the members.
The Martinez family has daughters around my age (Charlyn is 22 and Dayana is 19) and today they took us to a nearby river to hike and play and then we ate lunch at their grandma's house. It was beautiful and we had fun but I don't know if you'll get to see the pictures because my camera fell out of my pocket into the canal...Charlyn rescued it for me but it had been submerged for over a minute so it might be dead. I'll see what kind of operations can be done.
Don't worry, things are definitely safe around here. I feel completely confident that we aren't in danger-they just wanted us to take precautions. And don't worry, I'm not getting infected by rabid puppies, haha. I wash my hands lots :)
Thursday we had the baptism of Felipe Castillo. I made paper cranes in different colors and hung them from the ceiling. Each crane had a question and reference from 3 Nefi 11 and while Felipe was changing we divided the members and investigators into groups to work on the questions together. It turned out really well. Felipe cooked for his own baptism, which I felt kind of bad about but he wanted to do it. He's awesome and is going to be a strong leader.
I've definitely been seeing the Lord's hand in my life. I feel more comfortable here and my Spanish is coming along. I would say I talk around 1/3 of the time in the lessons. I'm working my way up to half :)
I feel happy and I'm trying to find creative ways to serve and to help people here and create something awesome because that's when I'm happiest. Like last week I made a worksheet with questions and references for Candida, our recent convert because we don't think she's reading the scriptures. We also met with a Peace Corp volunteer last week who taught us how to give English classes so Saturday we're starting classes at the church. I'm excited to make lesson plans and games for them :)Plus I'm becoming better friends with the people here. Charlyn and Dayana go out teaching with us sometimes and I feel like they're really good friends.
The Pinedos, the family we're trying to help get married, are awesome too. They're a lot of fun and they like to learn. We're planning their baptism for the 26th of November (the day of their wedding).Other than that we're just looking for nuevos and teaching other investigators. Eek I'm out of time but I love you all! Sorry I didn't share an awesome scripture or experience but I'll write a real letter tonight! The church is true!
Love,Hermana Dance

P.S. Sarah Jayne! Letters are headed your way late because the post office was closed a lot for the holidays. But know that I love you and love hearing from you! Make your mark cuz you're a Clark!

No comments:

Post a Comment