Monday, May 17, 2010

Hey family,

Mom and Dad, your life is super busy. But you are awesome for going out to work with the missionaries. Mom I bet the hermanas were sort of nervous but happy to have you there. You's a stellar missionary and mission president's wife :)

We were supposed to have interviews today but some sort of emergency came up so....who knows when that will be happening. This last week was a bit difficult. I think Satanás nos estaba tirando las bombas. I don't know, but mi compañera y yo both felt a little down on energy levels and faith this week because of a series of unfortunate events and mysterious icky feelings. Boo! But we've overcome it and this is a new day and a new week and I read the notes Dad sent me a couple of weeks ago so we are saying "Here am I" regadless of what happened last week. Boom.

Alexander is going to get baptized. He still hasn't fully accepted the date of May 29th, but I know he'll get baptized. Even if it's not this month, he will because he's reading in the Book of Mormon, he's always excited to go to church and learn more, and whenever we come he loves hearing about the gospel. Yesterday when we got to his house he was sitting outside in a rocking chair doing nothing. After we started the lesson we talked about the Book of Mormon and he told us that when we came he'd been sitting there thinking about it. Ahhhh I love when people I love fulfill their commitments and take the steps that I know will lead them to recognize and accpet the truth. Definitely a tender mercy God sent me yesterday.

Oh yeah because yesteday before we went out my companion told me that she didn't know if Joseph Smith really was a prophet, that she had lots of doubts, etc, etc. and I was really worried. I talked to her about it for a while and shared a couple scriptures (Alma 32 about how faith isn't perfect knowledge) and then when to the bathroom and said a prayer asking God to help me help her. I came out and told her "You already know. I know you already know, because you've told me how you've felt when you've shared the first vision or when we watched the video of the restoration. You know. Don't let a tiny thing that some angry, unbelieving person says discredit all the spiritual experiences you've had." (She used to tell me how when she repeated the first vision she felt "like she was being teleported" or that it was as if she were on the airplane again for her first time. )

She thought for a little bit and said "Yeah, you're right. I've had lots of experiences and I wouldn't have come here if it weren't true." I think it helped her a little bit and after that we went out but I'm still a little worried and I'm praying for her. Things will work out ok. One of my favorite lines for the Joseph Smith movie (we just watched it again in an activity saturday night) is when Hyrum says to Joseph "Whatever happens, the Lord is in it" So true.

Love you all!!

Natalie

Romans 5:3, Romans 8: 18, 28

No comments:

Post a Comment