Monday, May 10, 2010

May is the best month ever

Hey!

It was so good to talk to you all this morning! And it's nice because the first time we talked I still felt like a lost puppy and I got a little sad thinking about everyone all together for Christmas in Latvia and me in Panama but this time I feel normal and it wasn't sad, just happy. Plus it's cool thinking about how I said "In five months I'll talk to them again" and now I'm here five months later and the next time we talk I'll almost be home. Wahoo! Mom I'm glad you got the letter I sent, I was going to ask you about that. And thanks for the pictures and updates about the extended family. I feel like the promises of the hearts of the children turning to the fathers and visa versa are being fulfilled more in my life personally because I feel a lot more love for our extended family and I feel like I want to find out about our ancestors and all that fun stuff. Well not like I didn't love our family before but it feels different now, I pray for them more and feel more connected to every in our family even though we're farther apart. Sort of ironic....

Today we're going to play volleyball with water balloons and ultimate frisbee if I can find one. Oh also, Saturday night our zone participated in a talent show and we acted out a parody of this talk show called Case Closed that everyone loves here. It's like a cross between Judge Judy, Maury, and one of those evangelical preacher shows, and I had to be the judge because on the show it's a woman. Eek! It was fun and everyone loved it because the elders played their parts really well (the case was that two companionships were fighting for custody of a family or the rights to teach a family because they were both from the same ward but one companionship crossed the boundaries to teach this family) Ok, I guess it's just one of those things where you had to be there but it was fun and we got it on video so when I come home you can see my debut in Latino television...woot.
Ok sorry this is short but a.) you know I always run out of time and b.) I feel like I don't have much to say because we just talked this morning.
Just know that I love you all and am so greatful for your love, letters, and support.
Have a great Monday!

Love,
Hermana Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment