Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I almost put an emo title but then thought better of it...Mission life=the biggest emotional roller coaster ever

Hey all,

Thanks again for the emails and updates. I feel like a lot has happened since I last wrote and I don't know where to start. Eek!

Friday was our last zone conference with Presidente y Hermana Madrigal. It was amazing as always but the end was the saddest I remember feeling in a looooong time. Wow. The three zones that go to this chapel for zone conference decided to practice a song and surpirse them with it at the end of the conference. We all met in our own zones the day before to practice it (it was a Jenny Philips song...whoever that is) so in the conference was the first time we all sang it together. Despite the lack of musical talent among the Latinos it was still beautiful because even if they don't sing in tune or know it they sing with their hearts. I know that sounds super cheesy but it's true. So we sang the first part of this song with the background track playing and then Elder Funk, an elder who was in my district in the MTC in Utah started playing on the piano to merge the first song with "God Be With You Till We Meet Again." It was so beautiful and hearing the first few notes of that hymn made everybody pretty teary eyed. We only sang the first verse but the Spirit was so strong and we were all crying (more when Presidente and Hermana Madrigal started crying too).

After we finished we listened to the prayer and then everyone went through a line to say goodbye to them. Ahhh! I wasn't expecting to feel so sad. Plus seeing my zone leaders and other elders all crying (one of them goes home this transfer and most of my other friends go home in July or September) made it even more sad because most of the Latinos if not all of them I'm never going to see again. Ahhh! I realized for the first time how sad I'm going to be when I go home. Later I was talking to our zone leaders about it and how we didn't expect it to be like that and how we felt so sad, honestly like someone had just died. I think mission life exagerates our emotions/ our capacity to feel because I don't remember feeling that way before. Yikes.

I also started thinking about how it will be when you two go home, and how your missionaries will feel the same way. But at least they're all American so you can have reunions :). Thanks for being awesome and for being my parents and the adoptive parents of so many missionaries.

Que mas que mas....Oh yeah so after the zone conference on Friday, Saturday morning I got to go through the temple with Charlyn. It was soooo good to be in the temple and to see her. Plus 3 of my recient converts from Volcn where there doing baptisms so I got to see them and all the members. I feel like I'm finally recognizing the fruits of all my prayers asking to love the people more. God is the best.

Yesterday we had 5 investigators in sacrament meeting which is pretty much a record for this area. My companion had pretty much lost all faith in contacting but then God blessed us with great, really positive family Tuesday night who came to an activity in a member's house the same night we met them and then the mom and her son came to church yesteday. Plus we finally have a new mission leader who is active in the church! And our bishop started coming back to church too. Things are changing things are changing. Yesterday we talked with the second counseler and he told us that he "didn't want to throw us too many flowers" but that we are unas de las mejores misionaries they've had in their ward. God definitely sent us a ton of tender merices this week.

Welp I'm almost out of time but love you all and I hope you're doing well. The missionary Disney music concert sounds pretty sweet-it's crazy how different our areas are but the awesome part is that God gives us each revelations on how we can change things in our respective areas. I feel like more and more God is helping me come up with new ideas and giving me the capacity to put them in practice. Life is good.

Love,

Hermana Dance

Acts 20:35-38 this is how it felt at the zone conference. Minus the kisses, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment