Monday, May 10, 2010

Uh, phone call? I'm always the last one to find out anything...

Hey all!

Ok, before I forget-Is Mother's Day next week? Doh! I don't know anything about days, times etc that we get to call. I know it's sometime in May but they haven't announced anything.

Thanks for the pics and happy emails. Eeek so much I want to tell you all!

Observations:
1. Even though fasting has always been super hard for me and I used to do it grudgingly, it works miracles. My compnion and I have the goal to fast every week this transfer for our investigators and the members because we feel that they need it and we do too. We fasted two weeks ago for the ward, and yesterday tons of less active people came to church and our sacrament mtg attendance was 20 people higher than it normally is. It's like I stressed out and freaked out trying to save the ward and nothing worked (because I had the mindset that I had to do it all alone) and then we fasted and all these people came, our bishop returned after 2 months of being inactive, and the meeting was very spiritual. Yup, fasting rocks

2. I finally feel like I have been able to be an instrument in God's hands to bless the lives of other people. I hope I've been doing it my whole mission, but I guess what I mean is that yesterday God gave me the blessing of receiving a conformation or witness of that. Por ejemplo, Yomare, the woman I told you about who said we were an answer to her prayer a couple weeks ago bore her testimony and talked about how "two angels" came to answer her and when we started talking she felt as though Jesus were in front of her personally answering her prayer.

3. There is an oppostition in all things. This also works in our favor, because it means that when things are going rough and are super hard, we're guaranteed other experiences that will cause our joy to be as a sweet as was our pain (can't remember the scripture in english but it's in Alma 36:16ish?) Saturday we spent all day knocking doors on one of the hottest days of the summer while fasting, and the whole day we only taught one lesson. I felt super tired and discouraged by the end of the day, but then God gave me Sunday to help charge me up again. Every house we contacted on Sunday responded in a positive way, I felt like the Spirit was leading me by the hand, and we taught one of the most spiritual lessons I've ever been in. The woman let us in and we sang I am A child of God as the first hymn and in the second verse she started to cry. When we finished she told us that her mom had been mormon for 20 years and she died 3 months ago. We were able to teach her the Plan of Salvation and the Spirit was so strong. God is so merciful and loves us all so much.

Yikes there's so much more I always want to say but never enough time....until the phone call!! :) Love you all so much!

love, Hermana Dance

P.S. No changes. I'm with the same companion (Hna Ruiz) that I've been training and we're still in San Miguelito 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment